Prescription-strength anti-microbial rinse to treat gingivitis and promote the healing of inflamed gums.
- PerioGard (Chlorhexidine Gluconate Oral Rinse
- 0.12%) is a prescription drug indicated for use between dental visits as part of a professional program for the treatment of gingivitis as characterized by redness an swelling of the gingivae
- including gingival bleeding upon probing. PerioGard® has not been tested among patients with acute
- necrotizing ulcerative gingivitis (ANUG). PerioGard should not be used by persons who are known to be hypersensitive to chlorhexidine gluconate or other formula ingredients. It is not known whether this drug is excreted in human milk. Clinical effectiveness and safety of PerioGard have not been established in children under the age of 18. The most common side effects associated with chlorhexidine gluconate oral rinses are: (1) an increase in staining of restorations
- teeth and other oral surfaces
- (2) an increase in calculus formation
- and (3) an alteration in taste perception.
- This is a Brief Summary of Risk Information. Please see package insert or below full prescribing information.